The Gilson Hotel Policies
Please take a minute of your time to familiarise with our internal Hotel Policy and should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the Duty Manager.
- Check-in time is 14:00 pm.
- Check-out time is 12:00 noon.
- 1 Additional night stay will be charged if the room is not vacated in due time.
- Hotel General Cancellation Policy: 72 hours prior date of arrival by 10:00 am, the guest will be liable for the whole reservation as soon as Cancellation Window will be closed. Hotel Non-Refundable Cancellation Policy: the guest will be liable for the whole reservation as soon as the booking is confirmed.
- Breakfast is served weekdays from 06:30 until 08:30 and on weekends / Bank Holidays from 08:00 until 10:00. We will stop replenishing the breakfast buffet 15 minutes before the end of the breakfast service.
- The Hotel reserves the right to charge the credit/debit card provided as guarantee for any booking as soon as the cancellation window is closed.
- A £ 50.00 pre-authorisation will be confirmed on the means of payment used for the booking to cover any incidental/damages for each room occupied.
- Any cash payment has to be guaranteed by £ 50.00 deposit which will be released upon check-out provided that no damage has occurred in the room, nor was any property stolen.
- We reserve the right of entry to the Hotel.
- Lost RFID cards (room keys) will be charged at £ 10.00 each.
- All outstandings must be settled either through payment cash/card/BACS or through preauthorisation on card prior room’s occupation.
- NO pets are allowed in the Hotel premises.
- We are legally obliged to be able to identify all of our guests, therefore a form or photographic ID and/or a debit/credit card will be required upon check-in. We will also, when issuing a room key, capture an electronic image of you for security reasons.
- If you have a car parked in the car park, you must inform reception and communicate your vehicle registration number plate. You will be issued a parking permit at Reception desk upon request. Failure to do so may result in your vehicle being issued with a PCN, the cost of which we cannot be held liable for.
- Guests’ friends are welcome in the Hotel Public Areas. Guests are not allowed to invite extra guests to their room prior having informed reception about it. It is the main Guest’s responsibility to make sure all residents are registered within our systems and failure to do so may incur in a £ 100.00 extra charge to the room bill due to H&S Policy Breach.
- We are not responsible for any Electrical Equipment brought on site by any guest and will be not considered liable for any related issue if in connection to our electricity supply.
- Please observe the safety information displayed throughout the Hotel Premises.
- Please be informed that a step is present after accessing the following rooms, hence extra attention is required: 131-130-129-128-127-126-125-124-224-225-226
- Please be informed that steps are present before accessing the following rooms, hence extra attention is required: 227-228-229-230-324-325-326-327.
- Anti-slip Bath Mats for Bath Tubs and Showers are not present in our rooms. These are available with our Housekeeping Department upon request. Please contact Reception desk should you require one.
- This is a fully Non-Smoking Hotel, so please refrain from doing so. If anyone is found guilty of smoking in the room or anywhere within the hotel premises an immediate £ 100.00 cleaning charge will apply and you might be required to leave the premises.
- Anti-social behaviours (the use of drugs, loud noise or any other illegal activity) are strictly prohibited and the police will be immediately called in such circumstances. Should this apply to your reservation we will refuse your booking and will ask you to leave immediately the premises. No refund will be applicable to the reservation in question and we reserve the right to charge any additional cost that may be incurred by the hotel to clean or remove the results of any such occurrence.
- The Hotel has many safety features, such as smoke alarms, fire exits, fire extinguishers etc. Please do NOT tamper with these. Anyone found to be making improper use of any safety device or feature may face prosecution. Charges will apply to the guest’s nominated method of payment to cover any costs in inspecting and repairing said feature and/or device. Tampering with fire extinguisher will incur an immediate £ 250.00 inspection fee.
- All our rooms are being checked every day and we would be grateful if you could report any defect or damage within your room no later than 30 minutes from your check-in time. Any later report will be not accepted and you will be charged accordingly.
- Any accidental/intentional Hotel property damage occurring in the room throughout the guest stay will be immediately investigated and repairing charges will apply to the guest responsible for the room where the damage occurred. We reserve the right to withdraw sufficient sum from your method of payment (cash deposit – debit/credit card) in the event of any damage being occurred throughout your stay.
- Our room rates are subject to change without previous notice and vary according to the period and the availability. All our room rates are Exclusive of Breakfast.
- Our staff have the right to work in a safe and friendly environment. We will NOT tolerate abusive language or behaviour towards ANY member of staff. In such a scenario we always prosecute civilly and criminally and will ask you to immediately leave the premises.
- When vacating your room, please ensure that you take all your belongings as we cannot be held responsible for any property left at the Hotel, except for our obligations under the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956.
- Please keep your belongings secure whilst you enjoy your stay with us. We cannot be held liable for any loss or damage to your personal belongings under no circumstances.
We hope you will enjoy your stay at the Gilson Hotel. Our reception is manned 24 hours a day.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Duty Manager if you require any further explanation or need any help.
We will do our best to accommodate all your requests.